Assignment On Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd Portal

Type

Public limited company
IndustryBanking
Financial services
Founded13 March 1983; 34 years ago (1983-03-13)
Headquarters40,Dilcusha, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Area served

Bangladesh & overseas

Key people

Mr. Arastoo Khan (Chairman)
Mr. Md. Abdul Hamid Miah (Managing Director & CEO)
ProductsBanking services, ATM services, Internet Banking, Payment Gateway, Mobile Banking, Consumer Banking
Corporate Banking
Investment Banking
RevenueTk 27.413 billion, US$ 0.352 billion[1] {November 2013}

Operating income

Tk 24.67 billion (US$ 0.317 billion)[2] (May 2013)

Net income

Tk 17.80 billion (US$ 0.229 billion)[2] (May 2013)
Total assets US$ 8.381 billion[3] (July 2015)
Total equity Tk 48.466 billion, US$ 0.6278 billion[2] (Sep 2015)

Number of employees

14,000[4]
Websiteislamibankbd.com

Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd. (IBBL) (Bengali: ইসলামী ব্যাংক বাংলাদেশ লিমিটেড) is the pioneer of Islamic banking in Bangladesh. It became incorporated on 13 March 1983 as a public limited company under the Companies Act 1913.[5] It has 36.91% local and 63.09% foreign shareholders. Up to Dec 2016, IBBL has 318 branches including 58 AD Branches & 03 Offshore Banking Units as well as has more than 13,500 staffs. In addition to that IBBL maintains its own 497 ATM Booths, 33 IDM (IBBL Deposit Machine) along with 6,000 shared ATM network across the country. IBBL mobilizes around 27% of the country remittance. In 2015, it serves USD 3,903.21 million out of USD 15,316.75 million of total country remittance. As such, IBBL is the largest private banking network in Bangladesh.[6] When IBBL was established, it was the first bank in south-east asia to provide banking service based on Shariah.[7] The bank is listed with both Dhaka Stock Exchange Ltd. and Chittagong Stock Exchange Ltd.[5][8]

History[edit]

Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited is a sharia compliant bank in Bangladesh which started operations on 30 March 1983. It was founded by Saudi and Kuwaiti investors.[4] It is a public limited company registered under the Companies Act of 1913. IBBL is a joint venture of the government of Bangladesh, 22 businessmen of Bangladesh, Islamic Development Bank, and investment firms and banks from Muslim Middle Eastern countries.[9]

According to The Economist, "Islami Bank was a pioneer in financing Bangladesh’s rise as the apparel industry’s main production base outside China."[4]

As of 2017, Islami Bank Bangladesh commands 90% of Islamic-banking assets and deposits in Bangladesh, is the country's biggest private lender overall, has 12 million depositors and a balance-sheet of $10 billion.[4]

Major shareholders[edit]

63% shared owned by the above shareholders and 60,000 people of Bangladesh are owners of the rest 37 percent shares.[11]

Awards[edit]

Global Finance, a reputed US-based quarterly magazine, awarded IBBL as the best bank of Bangladesh for the Year 1999, 2000,[5] 2004 and 2005, and the best Islamic financial institution of Bangladesh every year from 2008 to 2013.[12][13][14][15][16][17]

See also[edit]

References[edit]

External links[edit]

Для Танкадо это детская забава, - бросил Джабба.  - Нашим главным стражем была система Сквозь строй, а Стратмор вышвырнул ее в мусорную корзину. - Это объявление войны, - прошептал Фонтейн срывающимся голосом.

Джабба покачал головой: - Лично я сомневаюсь, что Танкадо собирался зайти так. Я думаю, он собирался оставаться поблизости и вовремя все это остановить.

Categories: 1

0 Replies to “Assignment On Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd Portal”

Leave a comment

L'indirizzo email non verrà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *