The Essay Contest is currently closed.
Our next contest will begin in September.
CATEGORY 1 (ages 7-10)
If you could be an animal, which one would you be and why?
- King of Beasts by Stuart Denham
- My Favorite Paws, Jaws and Claws by Jerome Dittman
- If I Were a Cat by Jose Felten
- All about Monkeys by Eric Green
- The Hummingbird Migration by Hadley Green
- The Greatest Beast by Malia Irvine
- The Puppy Love Dog by Heidi Jones
- My Peafowl Experience by Elizabeth Moulton
- The Camouflage Master by Hugh Ryder
- The Gems of Cloud Forest by Emma Smith
- Wolves and Their Ways by Julia-Rose Spears
- The Mighty Eagle by Elijah Spies
- Worms by Elisabeth Washington
CATEGORY 2 (ages 11-14)
If you could travel outside of your country, where would you go and why?
- The Journey of a Lifetime by Abigail Bosworth
- Wonder in the Wild by Hailey Braddock
- Unconquerable by Landri Coble
- Kingdom of Stones by Patrick Denham
- Cobblestone Paths by Emma Fowler
- The Neuschwanstein Castle by Summer Hammond
- An Exotic Land by Sam Kellam
- A Day in the Lowlands by Phoebe Knapp
- My Dream Destination by Kiersen Landes
- Peaks of Majesty by Amanda Lindberg
- A Dangerous Wish by Leah Matthews
- Taiwanna Go There by Annabel Peltzer
- Maybe One Day… by Emma Storey
- Land of the Rising Sun by Esther Zhang
CATEGORY 3 (ages 15-19)
Considering the role gratitude and generosity play in personal happiness, how should you and your peers approach life after high school?
- The Little Things by Katellen Allen
- Happiness is a Sacrifice by Madeline Carroll
- People Smart by Elise Engen
- The Whys and Wherefores of Gratitude by Aaron Frish
- Pursuing the Pursuit of Happiness by Timothy House
- The Connection between Wealth, Generosity, Thankfulness, and Happiness by Stasia Hudak
- The Role of Independence in Personal Happiness and Satisfaction by Alexander Kim
- True Happiness by Moriah Martin
- The Importance of Generosity by Ethan Read
- Happiness that Counts by Laura Rothermel
- The Question of Graduation Day by Danielle Stanton
- The Key to a Productive Adulthood by Maddie Steele
Contest winners will receive a cash congratulations, plus a wonderful transcript booster!
|Honorable Mentions (2)||$25||$25||$50|
Photo Contest Winners
In addition to the cash prizes above, the top five winners of each category will receive a coupon for a FREE canvas print of their winning photo (or another photo of their choice) courtesy of ColorInc, an online photo print business owned and operated by a homeschooling family. We appreciate ColorInc’ support of our contests and the homeschool students and families they serve!
Free canvas print sizes:
|1st Place:||20” x 30”|
|2nd Place:||16” x 20”|
|3rd Place:||11” x 14”|
|Honorable Mentions:||8” x 10”|
Where Contest Profits Go
All contest profits go to our charitable arm, the Home School Foundation, which uses them to provide low-income homeschooling families with access to educational and legal resources to help them continue homeschooling.
To learn about the mission and funds of the Home School Foundation, visit their website at www.HomeSchoolFoundation.org.
Please contact the Contest Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions. We love your feedback!