As a long time multi-sport official, there are 2 rules that have been ingrained in to my “game mind” – Safety and Consistency. Obviously, this year especially, both the NCAA and NFL have lost their common sense on the first, and don’t even know or understand the second. I CAN say that if I was as incompetent as these so-called professionals, I wouldn’t be officiating even Jr. High games; let alone anything higher. Yes, those who don’t cannot possible understand what it means to be on the field or court. Unfortunately for the striped jackasses in the MN v DAL game, I DO understand. If Roger G had a spine, or the head of Officials had any balls at all, he’d come up with an ACTUAL solution to the piss-poor officiating all over the league (and includes NCAA), then they’d do the honorable thing and resign, give back their entire 2016 salary, and go away.
Here’s a heads up NFL: By the time you do figure it out, it will be too late. Just ask Hillary. We didn’t get a better or a good thing, but we certainly didn’t want same old, same old. As an official, I am embarrassed. If this is what it takes to be an NCAA or Pro official, I am WAAAAAAYYYY to competent to qualify.
Carl Cheffers has the Thursday night matchup on CBS and the NFL Network.
Clete Blakeman’s crew is off this week. We are looking into a rumor that referee Pete Morelli and his crew will be moved from the Sunday night game into a Sunday afternoon slot to avoid undue exposure after issues the crew had last Sunday. We haven’t confirmed this, so we will update the post if that is necessary.
Thursday, Dec. 3
- Packers at Lions CBSNFLN — Carl Cheffers
Sunday, Dec. 6
- Texans at Bills — Tony Corrente
- 49ers at Bears — Jerome Boger
- Bengals at Browns — Jeff Triplette
- Ravens at Dolphins — John Parry
- Seahawks at Vikings — Terry McAulay
- Panthers at Saints — Brad Allen
- Jets at Giants — John Hussey
- Cardinals at Rams — Bill Vinovich
- Falcons at Buccaneers — Ed Hochuli
- Jaguars at Titans — Gene Steratore
- Chiefs at Raiders — Craig Wrolstad
- Broncos at Chargers — Walt Coleman
- Eagles at Patriots — Pete Morelli
- Colts at Steelers NBC — Ron Torbert
Monday, Dec. 7
- Cowboys at Washington ESPN — Walt Anderson
Image: Michael C. Herbert/Saints
From Football Zebras editor Ben Austro
Get it now at your favorite online or local bookstore. More information at thinkyouknowfootball.com