Marketing Job Seeking Tips
Its important to take time to prepare a strong cover letter that can connect with hiring managers and sell you as the right choice for the job. Regardless of your intended position or field, there are a few basic rules to writing a quality cover letter. Here are some dos and donts to help create a cover letter that works.
1. Do toot your own horn. Your goal is to make an indelibly positive impact, so dont be afraid to be your own cheerleader. Assertively demonstrate how youve distinguished yourself in your career.
2. Dont include salary information. This could be seen as amateurish and unprofessional, and may harm your ability to negotiate a better salary when youre offered jobs in Marketing.
3. Do give your cover letter strong focus. Hiring managers get a lot of applications. Your cover letter needs to get to the point, answering the vital questions of who you are, what you can do and why you should get the job.
4. Dont include controversial details like your political or religious affiliations. Avoid mentioning memberships or awards that may inadvertently reveal such information.
5. Do polish your work. Grammar and spelling are crucial to making a good impression. You dont want your cover letter to raise questions about the kind of employee you would be.
Senior Marketing Manager Cover Letter
Senior Marketing Managers are experienced marketing strategists responsible for designing and implementing marketing campaigns for their employers or clients. Essential responsibilities of a Senior Marketing Manager include assisting with products development, performing market research, outlining strategic directions, launching marketing campaigns, managing promotional activities, executive online marketing initiatives, reporting to managers, analyzing performance, and completing other tasks as assigned by company directors.
Successful cover letter samples for Senior Marketing Managers usually highlight the following job skills and qualifications:
- Marketing expertise
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of both traditional and online marketing tools
- Computer proficiency
- Self-confidence and presentation skills
- Quality focus
Those interested in a Senior Marketing Manager position can check relevant skills and experience in the cover letter example showcased below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Senior Marketing Manager Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Senior Marketing Manager, check out our more complete Senior Marketing Manager Job Description.
Dear Ms. Bell:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Senior Marketing Manager position you are looking to fill. As an accomplished and results-focused marketing executive, I possess the knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My expertise lies in successfully conceptualizing, implementing, and overseeing innovative marketing strategies and campaigns—spanning print, TV, online, collateral, and direct mail channels—to drive market impact and expansion for product launch and development as well as brand positioning efforts. From analyzing research data to networking with stakeholders, my extensive marketing skill set—coupled with my established ability to lead and motivate high-performance teams—positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Holding full responsibility at various points throughout my career for areas including market positioning, media planning and buying, lead generation, content marketing, online and social media marketing, trade show/event execution, and overall brand management.
- Creating and negotiating annual media plans to measurably increase media reach and frequency while reducing spend by up to 38%.
- Realizing a marketing ROI of 294% over a three-year period as Marketing Manager for Brookdale Innovations; generating 189 qualified leads in ’13, surpassing goal by 156%.
- Skillfully administering a $1.8M annual budget, achieving highly aggressive marketing goals while remaining within budget parameters.
- Leading product launch and development efforts; assessing needs, researching market trends and competition, and defining targeted campaign direction and focus.
- Spearheading the development of highly effective marketing collateral—including both print and Web-based vehicles—to ensure optimal messaging and positioning.
- Mentoring, developing, and leading high-performance marketing teams, identifying untapped potential and coaching staff into progressively responsible roles.
- Demonstrating effective communication, organization, research, and time management abilities.
My proven success in achieving corporate marketing goals and objectives, along with my comprehensive expertise in developing strategic initiatives and programs throughout all levels of the marketing cycle, will contribute immensely to the success of your company. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Melissa C. Gonzales